Monday, March 31, 2014

I FOUND MEXICAN FOOD!

Kamusta  ang pamilya   ko
This week was a rough on the missionary work aspect, bottom line the work is just not as easy here, but it's allll good. I'm still seeing miracles and life as a missionary is still amazing
As you can tell from the title, I'm pretty excited because I found a Mexican restaurant in Laoag. I'm so beyond happy.   yes I love my new area. Also this week I ate fish eyeballs.. so that was interesting. 
We had exchanges this week and I worked with sister Pammitan. It was really awesome. Her first area was vigan as well so we got to share all kinds of stories! and her apartment has an Oven so they made me butterscotch brownies... hallelujah. I found out afterwards that her apartment has hot water and I was so mad I didn't get to take a hot shower, but don't worry she promised me I'd get to take one before the transfer is over.  My first hot shower in five months... I can't even imagine. I think I might cry. 

I met a crazy American from New York that doesn't speak any tagalog or ilacano and he wanted me to teach english to koreans?? wait I'm in the Philippines last time I checked, but okay.. ha anyways he was pretty impressed when I told his tricee driver where he wanted to go and then asked me for a book of mormon... unfortunately I didn't have any in english, but he said he would be coming to church so we'll see what happens.

Miracles!
We have been teaching the Molina family and the dad is really sick. He can't come to church because he always has to be hooked up to oxygen. any ways he can't speak because he literally doesn't have enough energy so he just sits and reads his Book of Mormon. Last week we set up a priesthood blessing and when we came back the next time he was sitting up and wasn't even hooked up to his oxygen AND he was talking to us! MIRACLE soon enough he'll be able to go to church and him and his cute little family of 5 will be able to be baptized! 

We met this lady this week who has been taught by literally every religion and she said we could share a message with her. The spirit was strong in that lesson and as we were testifying she stopped us and said that of all the missionaries she's listened to she's never felt what she felt with us. We know that to be the spirit! We explained what she was feeling and he eyes lit up and said yes! My heart is burning and the hairs on my arms are standing up. I asked her if she wanted to be baptized and she said yes! She told us to come back next week and we could teach her whole family!

I'm so grateful that I am worthy to have the spirit with me! I know that even though I will experience disappointments as long as I'm obedient and work hard, the Lord will lead us to those people who are prepared to receive the true gospel of Jesus Christ! 
I love you all!
Sister Abelhouzen

No comments:

Post a Comment