Tuesday, March 25, 2014

We all have walls to face, but we are not forgotten

Hey fam.
Sooo I'm sitting here in Laoag and everyone is speaking Ilacano... awesome. I just barely got good in tagalog and they're like hey we're gunna speak a different language now. okay whatevs I can handle this.
haha anyway my last few moments in vigan were rough. First off, our apartment got nice and flooded so that means I lost pictures and letters and allll that jazz, but It's okay no damage to the Book of Mormon. tapos It's hard for me to say goodbye. I felt like I was saying goodbye to family, except worse, because to be honest I don't know if I'm going to see them again. Yes I cried like a baby. 

My new area is Laoag, it's fun, but there are a lot of problems here. The area really isn't progressing as much as I'd like it to. So it's going to be a challenge, but on the bright side this is going to be one of the times (besides all the time) when I'm going to really have to rely on the Lord. I know that I'm going to see a lot of miracles. 
My new companion is Sister Quimpo. She's filipina, 24 and  so great! Probably one of the sweetest people I've ever met! She cooks amazing food AND speaks Ilacano! She's teaching me and I'm learning so much! Can you believe I will know two languages by the time I come home?? 

This week has been a lot of fun! The sisters in my apartment are so fun and I'm really growing a lot as a missionary. My Zone Leader (Elder Crandall, who also happened to be my District Leader in Vigan) Called to tell me how great I 'm doing, he told me that I've become a very effective missionary and he's excited for me to "turn Loaog 2A upside down." what a great compliment! It really makes me want to work hard. There is this family that President Barrientos always uses as an example of quality converts and every missionary has their baptism picture for inspiration and guess what, this family is in my area! I taught them yesterday and they are amazing! The gospel has really changed them. I'll share you there story sometime! And this morning: FREE MCDONALDS. yes I know right. There is still some america in the philippines, even if it does have rice and spaghetti with it... haha anyways so good! 

During my personal study kanina I read a scripture that really hit me. " Zion hath said: The Lord hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me, but he will show that he hath not.. Behold I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands: Thy walls are continually before me." Jesus Christ is who he is because he loves us. Everything he does is literally for us. He hath 'engraven us in his hands' and is always there to help us face those walls in our lives. He knows us and he loves us, and hes is ALWAYS there for us! 
I love you all so much! Have a good week!

P.S. Pictures of some of my peeps in Vigan The Amecay kids and the Reals Tricycle! 






No comments:

Post a Comment