Monday, March 17, 2014

Don't trust turkeys. Baptism and My Good Byes

P a m i l y a   k o

Woah. what a week.
So to start things off: I'm getting transferred. The day has come and I'm a little in denial. These people have truly become my family. To say goodbye I've been visiting 10 people a day and today's my last day. I also got to speak and sing in church and it was really neat, because so many the the branch members came up to tell me how much better I am at the language. Dang, I'm going to miss Vigan! The amazing ward; All the kids running and yelling sister A and randomly giving me flowers; the families I teach; all the good times!
My next stop: Laoag City 2A. I'm going from the bukid (farm) to the City. Every one has told me it's hard there, but it's really fun! So It's a little bittersweet, but I'm ready for my next adventure!
Paolo's baptism was on Saturday! Ah it was so amazing! He bore his testimony after and he said he has never been so happy in his life! Paolo has been an Investigator for almost 3 years, because his parents said he needed to wait until he was 18 because they didn't approve. His birthday is not until may, yes folks miracles do happen. His parents told us they will allow him to be baptized. His mom even came to his baptism and threw a party for him afterwards. It was a great day and I'm glad I was able to be there before he left!
I definitely got chased by a turkey this week. dang they're fast! I was doing my professional turkey call that dad taught me, but then my companion said, "sister what are you doing?! they are mean." I just laughed. I mean it's just a turkey right? no they're evil. It started charging haha my companion and I just booked it, I've never ran so fast. when we came to a turn the turkey stopped following us and we just laughed and laughed. yeah. Don't trust turkeys.
I want you all to know that I know this church is true! I have been exposed to SO much on my mission! It's true! It's all real so real. I love you all so much! Keep on Keepin' on!
ay ayeten ka
Sister Abelhouzen

P.S. Happy Birthday to my darling sister Ave! (I've sent you some pictures) I love you so much & hope you Have the best day ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment