Wednesday, January 22, 2014

I Can Understand!

Kumusta! 
This week has just flown by and been full really great! Wow my area is really progressing and the feild is white and ready to harvest! Next transfer will be so great here! I really hope I stay! Transfers are next week so by Friday I will know if I'm staying or leaving.   

This week I've been really grateful for the support of my leaders! Sister Bettilyon and I had to make a very difficult decision this week and had to tell someone they couldn't be baptized. It was a very messy situation, but we got everything worked out. The best part was the support the branch and district president gave us. They told us they trust how we feel and instilled a lot of confidence in us. It made me realize the significance of my calling. I am a representative of Jesus Christ, I always have the spirit with me to guide me. How cool is that?

On saturday we had a baptism in our branch: His name is Bernard and he is such a gem. He was so ready to get baptized! Jojo and his wife Sonya actually came to the baptism but they came late and they said they loved the way they felt. Then that night we had an area broadcast and they stayed for that too! Which was actually incredible because it was mostly in english and they stayed for the whole thing. At the area broadcast I learned how fast the work is progressing in the Philippines and what has changed from last year! It went from 2,100 missionaries serving to 4,300 and from 15 missions to 21. There are so many great leaders coming from the Philippines! I just love this work! God's Kingdom on the earth is spreading everywhere. 

On Sunday we had 8 investigators at church again. we also extended a baptismal date to Sandrie Santiago, she is the wife of a recent convert and has already come to church three times she said she wants to prepare to be an eternal family! We are so excited for her! Her date is February 15. We now have 16 baptismal dates!!

Funny Story of the week: On Wednesday President Barrientos came to Vigan and we had a devotional with the man in charge of the health care of all the missionaries in the Philippines! he was really great and in the middle he made us get up and all sing WADDLIATTCHA mom do you remember that song? if you don't know it look it up.  Well everyone was trying to learn it with the hand movements, but I already did! I was so proud of myself. I was rocking WADDLIATTCHA like a boss. haha thanks Grandma Bentley! you made my week! 

Miracle of the week: This week I lead all the lessons and basically did most of the talking and you know what... I know tagalog. I'm not fluent yet, but I can understand! I CAN UNDERSTAND! I can actually talk to people and teach lessons... it's so great. The gift of tongues is real! 

I love this gospel. I learn more of it's truth every single day. If anyone reading this has their doubts about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I invite you to read the Book of Mormon and pray to know if it is true. I promise you will receive clarification and know that the Book of Mormon is the Word of God and The church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the Lord's Kindgom on the earth. alam ko po na totoo and simbahan na ito. Ang Aklat ni Mormon ay salita ng Diyos. at sa pamamagitan ng ebanghelyo ni Jesu Cristo Maaari natin babalik sa ating ama at kay Jesu Crist Kasama and Pamilya natin para sa walang hanggang. Pototoo po ako Sa pangalan ni Jesus Christ. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment