Thursday, January 9, 2014

Give Me Mountains to Climb!

First off, we had 11 investigators at church yesterday. Yeah you know I'm rockin it here.
So this week was filled with dinner appointments. Literally we have so much food left over. I'm not mad at all. especially because It was the 5th week and most missionaries are scraping for food because we live off 8,100 pesos a month which is less than $200 for everything.
Our first a dinner appointment this week was at the Alconsels with all the missionaries. As we were walking there we saw this giant anchor in the ground just chillin.  it was pretty sweet.
Another dinner appointment I ate squid... not fried just straight up. there was this stuff in side and I asked what it was and they told me egg. I just looked at them and said why is it brown? "oh it's the squid's eggs." yummy.
Tuesday I had exchanges with Sister Rosell. I learned so much, she is a power house missionary. She's filipina and literally after that day we had 6 new baptismal dates... wow.
We taught a lot of great lessons this week. The best feeling is when you walk out of lesson feeling great, because you just know you're making a difference.
So yesterday was Fast Sunday and I was STARVING. like more than usual. haha so when we got home we ate the Chili you sent me mom and made some corn bread that came from America. SO GOOD. aw I love America.
Funny Story of the Week: We have really been struggling with members coming and working with us. They always bale and so we never have fellow shippers. One day we were going to pick up Rose a 19 year old in the ward that said she would work with us. when we got there her brother told us she was busy and had a project she was working on. So we started walking away when I stopped and said to Sister Bettilyon "no we need a fellow shipper, we going to buy her merienda (a snack) and suggest a study break" "so we're going to bribe her" "I didn't say that" So yes that's exactly what we did. We baught her a fudgee bar and she ended up working with us. chocolate always works.
Miracle of the Week: Jojo Real is a crazy born again that always invites us in his home, but never progresses and thinks he knows everything. On Tuesday for exchanges I find out that before Sister Rosell became a member she was training to be a born again pastor. uhm yes our next stop, Jojo Real. We we got there she shared her conversion story and the spirit was so strong. afterwards he just looks at us and says, "When can I be baptized?" We now have baptismal dates for his whole family and they're preparing. There are no such thing as accidents.
Family, I know this has been a really hard week with everything going on at home, but I know that God has a plan for all of us. There is a reason LDS people are considered to be so happy it's because we know where we came from, why we're here and where we're going. We know there is a reason for everything.
We know that "adversary and afflictions are but a small moment. And then if we endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high." D&C 121: 7-8
"Be strong and of good courage, be not afraid neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee withersoever thou goest." Joshua 1:9
I love you all so much. I am so grateful for this oppertunity to serve the people here. I know that God loves each an every one of us and will help us with whatever we need!

Mahal na Mahal Kita
Sister Abelhouzen

No comments:

Post a Comment