Saturday, May 31, 2014

Lovin' life in the philippines

Hey guys, so the funniest thing just happened. 
I'm sitting in this computer shop when two young boys are behind me speaking in ilacano... and they're talking about me. haha but they don't think I can understand... I let them talk for a little and then I just turn around and say in ilacano, "yes I know my nose is big and i'm white." I wish you could have seen the look on their faces hahah then I just laughed and took it as a missionary opportunity. so they will be having some missionaries visit their home (: I love knowing other languages. 

I hope all you had a good week, mine was amazing. It started off with skyping my dearest family. You're amazing, I love you. After that I was so motivated to be the best missionary in the world. We went straight to work, me and sister Rodelas worked hard and it definitely payed off. We found two new amazing FAMILIES, had 5 investigators at church and 7 of the Less actives. yes I am in Laoag. 'the hardest part of the mission' and you know what... it's pretty awesome. 

Miracles are possible if you're exactly obedient and trust in the Lord. "Anything is possible if you just believe" cliche but it's true. 

Being on a mission has taught be so many things, but I think the most important is that I've realized how real the effects of the adversary are. I have been set apart from the world, so I see the adversary work and just how strong he is. He affects every single one of us and it is critical that we protect ourselves. We are fighting a war and we need the armor of God that is described in Ephesians 6. "We  have the  responsiblity to stand strong with a shield of faith against the fiery darts of the adversary. We are role models to the world, protecting God-given, inalienable rights and freedoms. We stand in defense of our homes and our families... How will you resist [Santan's] aggressive tactics? Put on the whole armor of God." Robert D. Hales 
Here is my  selfie with caribou!
 
Love you All!
 
Sister Abelhouzen

No comments:

Post a Comment