Monday, June 9, 2014

Trust in the Lord with ALL Thy Heart

This week was amazing. My companion and I were so unified, we taught a lot great lessons and found a lot of great people I have come to love this area so much. we have really turned it around. Then, last night I received a call telling me I will be transferred to Claveria. It's bittersweet. I would have loved to stay one more transfer in Laoag, but I'm excited because claveria is beautiful and has a really great branch. you should google Claveria, Cagayan, Philippines. It's in the mountains, but also right by the beach. Rainy season is soon so I'll be getting lots of rain. Oh and I'm getting another filipina (: 

I'm excited, but it's hard to leave. That's the hardest part of a mission.. leaving. Time just moves so fast. Sometimes I just wish I could freeze time and take it in a little bit longer, but that's alright this is where the Lord wants me to be. Here's to new adventures with the mountain people. I'm sure I'll love it. 

As for this week. It was great we learned a lot and had a lot of experiences... good and bad. 
We slept outside again and I got sick... I know not my brightest idea. anyways I was sick, I had a fever and the power was out for 1 day. Yes it was awesome. It's hot here plus I had a fever.. I slept with frozen vegetables.. I got desperate. In the midst of all that, I still went out to work. I wasn't too bad, because every time we started to teach a lesson it was like I was barely sick. 
That's why president always says that work is the best medicine. The Lord will bless you. I testify. I got better quick and the rest of the week we were able to enjoy. 

One day we were walking to one of our appointments at night when an army of about 20 kids ran up and started chanting boom banes, boom boom banes banes over and over again. It's a chant that means Boom rotten... I don't really get it, but It's just a chant that all the kids do. It was awesome. Like an army of kids chanting as we walk. it was so fun! Man I love it here. 

This week I took part in one of the most humbling experiences of my life. we helped one of the sisters in our ward look for her 2 oldest children around the town. This woman has 6 children around the town. This woman has 6 children under the age of 14 and is pregnant. She has an abusive alcoholic husband. and is one of the strongest women I have ever met. we wnt with her at night and walked all the way around the town when finally we found them. There were selling necklaces they made from flowers just for food for the day. Sister told us that they usually don't come home and she has to go look for them every night, and sometimes she can't find them. the saddest part was there were with about 12 other kids. that don't want to go home because their parents are abusive or addicts. So they're left to provide for themselves. They told us they make anywhere from 50 to 100 pesos a day which is about $1-2.50 and that's what they live on. We knew we needed to do something so we bought them dinner. I can't even tell you the looks on their faces . It's like the first time they've had a good meal in a while. I can not believe people live like this and you know what, they're usually really happy. I hope everyone that reads this realizes how blessed they are.
With that said I know that sometimes in this life we have trials and we don't understand why. Something President Barrientos told me is, whom the Lord loves, he tries. because he knows that through trials we will become the person we are meant to be. Trust in the Lord and learn to be grateful for your trials, and through them the Lord will bless you. I love you all so much! 
Sister Abelhouzen

No comments:

Post a Comment