Monday, February 10, 2014

All da Filipinas up en her



kumusta pamilya!

can I just say that I love filipinas! ahh I love my new companion! Her name is Sister Villareal, she's 23 and has been in the field 10 months. We are going to do some serious work in Vigan. The first day we were together we taught 12 lessons! yeah. 
We now have 2 filipinas in our apartment now this means: Better food, more hair on the ground, Tagalog of champions, and laughing non stop. They cook so much, I'm going to get even more fat. haha They shed like no tomorrow, don't even care so worth it. We speak in Tagalog so yes I'm going to be magaling in no time. We laugh so much now and by we and mean they at us... 

haha It's so great, plus we're having a lot of success in our area!Don't worry it's back to being sweaty and wet all the days... I now enjoy my ice cold showers (: 

 Next week we have three baptisms I'm really excited! 

Vincent and Mark- Vincent was the elder's Tricee driver one day. The elders referred him to us and when we went to visit them we found out that his wife is a member and hasn't been to church because she didn't know anyone and was afraid. Mark is Her son and is 11. They now come to church every sunday and are so prepared! 
Sandrei Santiago- her husband is a recent convert. When we were teaching them before she was really not interested! When we started teaching her husband after baptism she slowly started to open up and then she started to come to church. She now reads with her family every night and wants to be sealed in the temple. Her husband, melchor, has the priesthood and he gets to baptize her! Ah I love the gospel! 

I've been studying the Book of Mormon a lot (obviously) and I've been reading in Either and am so amazed at his strength. His dad stood for right when everyone around was making bad decisions. I know sometimes life feels like this and we feel as if we're standing along, but I know like Either, Everything will turn out okay if we keep an eternal perspective! 

"Wherefore whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God which hope cometh faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast always abounding in good works being led to glorify God." Either 12:4 
Always be steadfast and abound in good works! Never forget this is so much bigger than you and me. 
 
Love always,
Sister Abelhouzen

No comments:

Post a Comment