Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Bittersweet Goodbyes. Mission Accomplished.

Hey family,
I can't believe this day is here. I never imagined that this day would come. I can't even explain my emotions. I think the pictures below describe it pretty well. Bittersweet.
I wish I had a video of my mission. I have had the most amazing mission ever. The Philippines will always have a special place in my heart and I will always consider myself an American Filipina. This has been the absolute hardest and most rewarding experience of my life. I have never felt so physically, mentally and emotionally exhausted. However I feel strong, and I know that strength comes from our Savior. He has been with me every step of the way. I can't count how many times I've said, "I can't do this anymore." Then I pray and as I pray I feel our Heavenly Father strengthening me. and then I feel as if I can conquer the world! and now, I don't want to leave.
I have eaten some of the weirdest things and had some of the craziest experiences, but I wouldn't take that back for anything. 
I have served with those known as the most humble on earth and I can testify how incredible they are as I see their sacrifices so that they may live their faith. They have some of the hardest lives, but are some of the happiest people. 
I have been so blessed to have the opportunity to serve as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I have had the privilege of witnessing miracles as people change their lives through the atonement of Jesus Christ. My heart is full of gratitude. It is so hard to leave, but I know that God has another work for me to do. 
I know this is the true church. My eyes have been opened and I am so grateful for what I know. We don't need to be confused we can ask God and He will answer us. I will never forget the times when I've heard those beautiful words, "I asked if what you taught was true, and I got an answer. I know this is true." 
Lives can change through the gospel of Jesus Christ. Families are FOREVER. I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for each and every family. Every family has it's trials, but if we stay faithful and trust in the Lord everything will work out in the end. Jesus Christ is our Savior. 
Alam ko na kilala tayo ng diyos at gusto nya na bawat isa sa atin ay makakabalik sa kanya. Alam ko na ang Simbahan ni Jesu Cristo ng mga banal sa mga banal sa mga huling araw ay totoo. 
Babaen ni Jesu Cristo makasubli tayo iti pagarian ti diyos. Adda Plano isuna para kanyatayo.  
Thank you so much for your support and help. I love you all so much! 
I guess I'll see you soon then. 
Love always for the last time,
Sister Abelhouzen

1 comment:

  1. YOU been so blessed to have the opportunity to serve!!! Sakit.info

    ReplyDelete