Monday, April 21, 2014

Where is your treasure?

Kumusta ang pamilya ko?
This was a really great week, they just seem to go faster and faster... it amazes me next week are transfers so I'll let you know what's going to happen. I'm pretty sure my companion will get transferred because she's been here for a long time. I'm really sad to see my cute little filipina go she's absolutely awesome. She spoke to me in english today and I about tackled her because I had no idea that she spoke english... seriously well that would have been nice to know. we've had some pretty funny moments of me trying to explain a situation... haha oh well that means I've gotten a lot better!
So this morning we had our zone activity it was way fun! we got to play volley ball! man I miss that, every one was like dang who's this white sister? haha but I'll attach a picture of the stadium it's pretty awesome.
Today was one of those weeks that you could look at some of the things that happened and think wow that was a rough week, but I really have hope that everything will be okay. One of our investigators died. He was only 35 and left three kids under the age of 16. My heart ached when I heard the news, and I had no idea how to comfort his wife. I decided to just sing, "I know that my redeemer lives." after that I told her that I promise she will see her husband again and she just smiled with tears in her eyes and thanked me. We gave her hope.. so that's all I could really ask for. A couple other things happened that were really quite downers, but I didn't get sad because I knew I had conference weekend to look for!
I am amazed by strength of the saints here in the Philippines. I walked into the stake center and could not imagine the amount of people that filled the church. Every single room. and the craziest thing... it was all in english. There had been a problem and weren't able to get it in english. So imagine all of these people gathered just to see the prophet, fill his spirit, and hear him speak. Even though they didn't understand. Truly inspiring!
The talks seem to just get better and better every year either that or I'm listening more and more.. but this year was amazing. I loved Elder Hollands talk about being bold. He told a little about missionaries. don't worry mom, I've never had anyone thrown food at me, but I do have a couple stories that could compete. Yes sometimes being a missionary is hard, but like Elder Holland said, "It's worth it." People will hate us for speaking the truth, but it's the truth and we must defend it. "Be Strong. Defend your beliefs with courteousness and compassion, but defend them.
Finally I loved the talk from good ole Elder Teh. Filipino yeah represent!!! We were all stoked to see a filipino speaking in general conference. His talk was amazing as well. Something I've really come to understand here is that we shouldn't waste anything. People here don't have a lot, and most simple things in life like washing dishes or cleaning the house take hours. so they don't waste anything, things or time. But when it comes to Jesus Christ he is usually peoples top priority. I was thinking about a scripture that Elder Teh shared, "For where your treasure is, there will your hearts be also." 3 Nephi 13:21 What are our treasures in life? our car? our job? our cellphone? or instead is it the gospel, our family, or our Savior? I would challenge all of you to make the things that matter most, priority in your life. Don't waste time or money on things that are good instead of things that are better!
I love this gospel, The church of Jesus Christ has been restored! I love you all, have the best week ever!
P.S. pictures: Stadium at zone activity

No comments:

Post a Comment