Saturday, November 2, 2013

Ready to Fly out!


I'm finally finished at the MTC... it's a bittersweet moment!
I'm almost finished packing and ya'll should be proud because I fit everything into a big bag, that I'll check, a carry-on and a backpack! WORLD CLASS PACKER! I have a great time at the MTC and it's flown by! My time here has consisted of lots of studying, laughing, par core (joke), food, and amazing growing experiences! I can't believe the moment is here! I'm going to be a REAL missionary!
 
Flying out Monday morning 5:30am- Salt Lake to Seattle to Tokyo to Manilla to Laoag-whew!!
 
Things I'm going to miss about the MTC/ America
1) Mga kasama ko- My companions have been so awesome! It will be really hard to leave them! at least we'll be in the same mission! 
2) Hot showers- I have thoroughly enjoyed my showers in the MTC. sorry sisters... but I took about thirty minutes each time.
3) Mint brownies- I have developed a love here at the mtc... I'm crying.
4) ENGLISH- Kay don't get me wrong. Tagalog is awesome, but I know I have a long frustrating three months ahead of me. Good thing the Lord is on my side!
5) Dance Parties in the dorms- Halloween was epic.

okay, now what I'm stoked about!
1) BEACHES! -literally everywhere! I'm so excited
2) Messy hair day every day
3) No make up, no worries!
4) my new companion! I'm sure she's awesome! 
5) meeting the people known as the friendliest in the world!
and finally, bringing the Gospel of Jesus Christ to all those who don't have it!

It's times like this that I start doubting my self. I don't know the language, I'm not a scripture master, do I really have what it takes? but then I remember that I'm not alone! God is with me! I can do ANYTHING with him!
 
 Wow I'm so lucky to be a missionary! Heavenly Father has blessed me so much on my journey so far and I know I have so many amazing experiences ahead of me! Thanks for all your love and support! You're all amazing!
 
Mahal Kita,
Sister Abelhouzen

No comments:

Post a Comment