Friday, August 1, 2014

Hello my darling' family!

So this week was fast... and not to much happened. I got stranded in Laoag waiting for my new companion. She was stuck in Manila, because of the typhoon. don't worry we didn't experience much here except a lot of rain... what's new?

One good thing is that I got to work in my old area and see my old people it was great! Loved it until president told me I couldn't work anymore, because apparently I had a disease and was going to kill people. okay Ma, before you start freaking out. I'm totally fine. I just woke up one day with a rash all over my body. I asked some of the members and they told me I was allergic to air... okay? yeah I'm just going to text Sister Barrientos. I text her and she told me to go to the hospital and get it checked out. turns out I had a viral infection... don't worry I'm not allergic to air. haha but I wasn't able to go out because if a pregnant lady gets what I had it could be harmful... so I just had to sit inside... sound fun? no, it wasn't. All I wanted to do was work! 
Finally on Friday I was all better and I picked up my new companion! Her name is Sister. Simangan she is from Isabella and speaks ilocano! Yay! She's awesome! I just feel bad because when we got to the area we did weekly planning. Then I was so excited to work that on Saturday she must have thought that I worked her to death. She'll get used to it(;
But on Sunday our work payed off we had investigators come to church that are preparing for baptism in August! I'm really excited for all that's coming up! 
Thank you all for all your love and support! Have a great week! 
P.S. A lot of you have been asking about foods... I guess it all just seems normal to me now... hahah still eating fish heads on a regular basis. 

Picture: Me and Sister Simangan... it's flooding here like always (: 

No comments:

Post a Comment