Monday, July 14, 2014














Hello family! 
So this is going to be short one because I didn't have time to think about what I wanted to write about... We woke up at 3am this morning to come to Laoag so we could withdraw our money. I was planning on thinking it about it on the bus, but those of you that know me know that I can sleep anywhere... so I was out haha.

This  past week was the fourth of July!!! how is it in the good ole US of A. don't worry I celebrated. I wore red and we sang the national anthem and america the beautiful for companionship study. My poor companion had no idea how to sing it. 

So on the mission I have this rep... I'm the fearless white girl. I have to confess that is so false. I have fears... I get nervous every time I go talk to someone, but the Nike phrase just goes through my head. JUST DO IT. so I do. I will just walk up to someone, help them wash their clothes, run up to catch someone on the street, crack jokes in the jeepney (usually not that funny, but they laugh because I'm trying to speak Ilacano), or help them gather their vegetables.Then, it usually turns out pretty awesome, we've found a lot of really great people. Don't get me wrong I have been horribly rejected as well, but you've just gotta shake it off and go to the next one. "I just think about Jesus Christ, He wouldn't even care, he would just do it; because he loves them." David Archuleta said that. Pretty cool, and soo true. 

Other than that we had an awesome Zone Training, some baptismal interviews, and I realized just how tall I am. 
We have two baptisms coming up this week so It should be great! 

Love you all so much! Stay strong and remember, they too are children of God, Love them! JUST DO IT! 
have a great week! 
Sister Abelhouzen

Pictures: 
The counters in our kitchen
One of the cutest ladies in our ward! 


No comments:

Post a Comment